Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This and That


Stormhoek wine has landed in The Finger Lakes. No, I'm not abandoning my beloved Finger Lakes wineries, but Stormhoek Winery in South Africa has taken a unique marketing approach by inviting wine bloggers to sample their wine. Unfortunately, my original date to have my fellow Finger Lakes wine tasters come over and taste test had to be pushed back. But my wife and I just had to take one bottle of Pinotage with us to a wedding we were attending and Wow!!! Very Fruit Forward, Medium Tannins, Just a wonderful Red. Many tasted it and it drew raves. I can't wait to try the rest.

- Finger Lakes wineries are gaining credibility as quality improves

- Younger wine drinkers helping New York wine boom

- Another New Riesling debuts in The Finger Lakes

- Go Scuba Diving in The Finger Lakes? It's true!

- Lake Trout Derby winner. I don't know how they could see in that fog last weekend?

- More Info on New Wine & Culinary Center opening June 17.

- More ways to tour the wineries

- Watkins Glen International Race Track brings IRL Fans in

- A journey along Route 20

- Carousel takes 20 years to make, but it's worth it

- You can walk where the Indians walked

- Katherine visits Crystal City and Keuka Lake

- Spitzer visits with New York farmers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you open to adding my site to your list?

Check it out at Cooking With Ideas http://cookingwithideas.typepad.com/cooking_with_ideas/