Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Gift of Wine

Basic Juice asks the question If you were to give a wine out of your own collection, what would it be and who would you give it to. My response will probably sound somewhat unsophisticated, but it comes from the heart, and when it comes to the holiday season, that's what matters most to me. I could give some wonderful Finger Lakes wine, but instead I would give my own wine that I crafted with my own hands, albeit with the immense help of a wine kit, but still I gave of my own time and energies to go through the process of nurturing the juice and nudging it carefully into a wine that I could be proud of giving to my family and friends. Yes, I would give my Peach Chardonnay to all of my family and friends and all of my new blog friends. Sophisticated, refined, elegant, expensive- NO. But handmade, heartfelt, and from the heart- YES.