Yours truly is featured in the Spring issue of Canandaigua magazine in the Wavelength section. Thank You to Nancy O'Donnell for writing a nice article about me and Thank You to Lisa Hughes for the nice photo that was taken for the article.
The Finger Lakes Weekend Wino Acoustic Duo featuring myself and Mr. Tom start our whirlwind Spring and Summer tour next weekend with upcoming gigs on:
May 31 - Golden Nose Event.
June 7 & 8- Dr. Frank Wine Cellars
June 28 & 29- Dr. Frank Wine Cellars
July 12- Torrey Ridge Winery
July 19- Finger Lakes Wine Festival
August 2- Torrey Ridge Winery
August 16- Artizanns
More dates to be anounced. If you are in the area when we are playing, be sure to come on out and party with the Weekend Winos.
- Don't forget the Golden Nose Event is only 1 week away. They tell me that there are still some Dinner Tickets available for the Dinner & Awards Presentation on next Saturday, May 31 at 7pm. If you can't make it to the Judging part of the event during the day, the dinner and awards on Saturday night is a great event to attend. It is held at the beautiful Corning Museum of Glass and the food is amazing. Some of the items on the menu are - Grilled beef tenderloin with red demi glace, roasted roma tomatoes and crisp pancetta; Seared duck breast with red currant glaze; French green lentil soup with feta cheese and mint; Pan seared sea bass with lemon butter on a bed of wild rice pilaf. And you get to taste whatever you like from several hundred Finger Lakes wines on hand. Plus, there is musical entertainment and you also get to mingle and talk with Finger Lakes winery owners and winemakers. This is a great event! For ticket information, click here.
- I was guiding a wine tasting tour last weekend around Seneca Lake and we stopped in at Glenora Wine Cellars and Chef Lerman, Executive Chef at The Village Tavern Restaurant & Inn, was there with his amazing sauces. These sauces feature unique and intense flavor combinations. The sauces are Black Strap Yankee Bar-B-Q with Chipotle Peppers, Strawberry Dijon, Horseradish French, Cuke-A-Dilly, & my personal favorite Pumpkin Grape, which sounds like it won't work together but believe me it does. To find out more about Chef Lerman Sauces, click here.
- Speaking of Glenora Wine Cellars, they are offering 25% off of all their Rieslings through the end of May to celebrate Riesling Month. Also, today they are releasing their new 2007 Barrel Fermented Pinot Blanc, 2007 Chardonnay, 2007 Dry Riesling, & 2007 Riesling. And if you are a Jazz Enthusiast, Glenora is bringing some jazz giants to The Finger Lakes with Spyro Gyra performing on Sunday, July 27th and Jazz Guitarist Ken Navarro appears on Sunday, August 17th and ticket prices are a bargain at $25!
- More Gold for Finger Lakes wineries was awarded at the Tasters Guild Wine Judging this month with 7 Double Golds and a whopping 28 Gold medals earned by Finger Lakes wineries. The following are the Double Golds:
Heron Hill Winery 2006 Vidal Blanc L.H.
Lakewood Vineyards 2006 Cabernet Franc
Lamoreaux Landing 2006 Chardonnay Resv.
Six Mile Creek Vyd. 2006 Riesling
Torrey Ridge Winery 2006 Traminette (Torrey Ridge just keeps winning the top medals at these competitions. I keep telling you they are one of the most underrated wineries in the Finger Lakes).
Torrey Ridge Winery Blue Sapphire
Wagner Vineyards 2006 Vidal Blanc
For all of the results by state, click here.
- Jason Feulner reports on the Rendezvous With Riesling event
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad features Finger Lakes wine
- Another new winery , Young Sommer Winery in Wayne County, opens up in The Finger Lakes region
- http://www.fingerlakeswinecountry.blogspot.com/ reports that Patrick Dempsey, also known as Dr. McDreamy on the Grey's Anatomy television show will race at Watkins Glen Race Track on
June 7th in the Grand Am event.
- A nice 40th birthday celebration in the Finger Lakes
- The Finger Lakes Love Photographer captures love in beautiful Sonnenberg Gardens
- Sometimes I like to check out what Finger Lakes photographs have been posted on flickr
- Is there gold in Finger Lakes' streams?
- Peggy Haine's new blog reviews Finger Lakes' eateries