Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dr Frank's is Open

- I'm sure many of you have heard about the fire that destroyed Dr. Frank's new tasting room. I am happy to report that no one was hurt, although some wine and memorabilia was destroyed. Fred Frank states that tours and tastings will not be disrupted and they are open for business in the unaffected tasting rooms. My acoustic duo, the Finger Lakes Weekend Winos were one of the first to perform in the newly built tasting area and it sure hits home. It was a beautiful tasting room. I guess we will be performing on the original deck when we play there in June. I am sipping the spectacular '07 Dr Frank Dry Riesling right now that I purchased in the destroyed tasting room. The building may be gone, but the memories remain.

- And in other bad news this week, the Golden Nose event which gives us mere mortals an opportunity to judge wine, was canceled due to lagging ticket sales. Oh well, maybe next year.

On a good note, the weather is going to be awesome this weekend. I am heading to Long Island to visit some old friends and taste Long Island wine. My fellow blogger Lenn at LennDevours has given me a list of must visit wineries on LI and I look forward to a very good time this weekend. Have fun and enjoy this great weather!!!

No comments: