Thursday, April 19, 2007

Finger Lakes News & Notes

- I apologize for not getting a Finger Lakes event calendar out for April. Time just seems to fly by. Go to www.fingerlakeswinecountry.com for events listings.
Don't forget this coming weekend April 21 & 22 is The World Tour of Food and Wine on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail.

The Spring Wine & Cheese event on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail is on April 28 & 29 and if you are really serious about Finger Lakes wine, you must go to the Seneca Wine Trail's Golden Nose weekend event on May 18 & 19; I've got my ticket. And The Cayuga Lake Wine Trail hosts their Wine & Herb Fest on April 28 & 29 and May 5 & 6 and check out Cayuga Wine Trail's new Vino Visa that gives you savings on tastings at the member wineries.

- I have a major announcement! Yours truly, The Finger Lakes Weekend Wino, will be performing at Dr. Franks Wine Cellars on June 9th and June 23 & 24 for their Barbecue at the Wineries celebration. I will be debuting songs from my soon to be released CD "Sparkling Diamonds - Songs of The Finger Lakes". Come on out and party with the Wino!

- Gary at my favorite Internet TV show (heck my favorite TV show period!) Wine Library TV reviews 3 Finger Lakes Rieslings. Hint: He really liked the one that starts with "W", has "iem" in the middle, and ends with "er".

- Lots of good news from Fulkerson Winery- New Release: 2006 Traminette, 2.7% rs (Semi-Dry), 877 cases produced (more than doubling our largest bottling, the 2002 vintage).$12.00 per btl. & Ratings from Wine Enthusiast Magazine, May 2007, pg. 124: Fulkerson Winery Ratings- 2005 Dry Riesling, 86 rating / 2005 Semi-Dry Riesling, 85 rating.

- And another winery visit report:
Castel Grisch Winery, 2005 Chardonnay Reserve $14.99, a very unique Chardonnay for the Finger Lakes with a distinct toasted nut taste; 2005 Baco Noir $9.99, very nice ripe fruit with pepper and earth tones on the finish; Estate Reserve Burgundy $9.99, 75% Chancellor & 25% Chardonnay, full bodied semi-dry with lots of black cherry and a long smooth finish, excellent and an excellent value!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love it! I got my golden nose ticket in the mail last weekend and I watch WineLibraryTV all the time! I'm glad to see we enjoy the same things.

What are you most excited about doing at the Golden Nose weekend?

Kathleen Lisson
Wine and Stories from the Vineyard Blog - http://www.myspace.com/gamay

Finger Lakes Weekend Wino said...

Kathleen, Thank You for the comments! I am also very excited about The Golden Nose. I just really love being able to talk wine for a whole day with professional winemakers and like-minded wine afficianados who want to learn more about wine. There's nothing like an intense blind tasting like this to develop your palate. I will look for you at Golden Nose.