Friday, July 21, 2006

My New Finger Lakes Tshirt For Charity

- One good thing about being unemployed for the last few months is that I have had time to work on some creative projects that I'm going to donate proceeds to charities in The Finger Lakes region. I am working on a CD titled Songs of the Finger Lakes featuring my original songs inspired by The Finger Lakes and that should be completed within a month. I have been working on a humorous illustrated book about The Finger Lakes which I hope to have finished by Fall and I have designed a Finger Lakes Tshirt, which is now finished and available for sale at Tee Shirts 4 Fun. The artwork was done by my friend Annette Myers, who I thank for her beautiful rendering of the idea that appeared in my mind. I will be donating proceeds to Ontario-Yates Hospice and
Southern Tier Hospice because Hospice has helped my family and friends deal with terminal illness. Hospice is a very special organization with special caregivers to help the sick and their families deal with the many physical, mental, and emotional issues that arise when dealing with terminal illness. See the finished design below. The hand portrays the earth and labor from which the grapevines spring forth, the lakes represent the water and climate that provide the conditions needed for the growth of the vines, and the wine glass is the final product of that world-class Finger Lakes wine. The phrase "Wrap Your Fingers Around Our Fingers" is an invitation to all to come and experience the beauty and wine of The Finger Lakes.



















In the coming weeks, this design will also be available on other items available at
Tee Shirts 4 Fun such as coffee mugs, hats, posters, bumper stickers, etc. I think it's a wonderful gift idea for any Finger Lakes wine lover on your gift list and you'll be helping out the Hospice organizations with your purchase and all purchases are guaranteed with the Cafe Press 30 day money back guarantee. I have purchased many items through the Cafe Press network and they have top-notch customer service. I hope you like it and I would love to hear your comments.

1 comment:

Dezel Quillen said...

Hello Weekend-Wino,

I like the T-shirt design, very very nice. It looks alive and is a fine representation of what you envisioned for the artwork.

I can see it now, the next time I visit the FL everyone will be sporting those nice shirts (lol).

I have gone over to the site and will be ordering one tomorrow.

More importantly is the noble effort on your behalf in helping those who need a kind-hearted show of genuine love.

Very nice job man : )

Happy Sipping!

Dezel of Virginia Wine Spot