Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wine Blogging Wednesday

This months Wine Blogging Wednesday topic hosted by Dr. Vino is to write about "wine shops that feel the love", being that it's Valentines month and all. The wine shop that I love to frequent is The NYStateWine Tasting Room & Wine Gallery in beautiful downtown Watkins Glen NY, just a short walk from Seneca Harbor at the south end of Seneca Lake in the heart of Finger Lakes wine country. The Tasting Room is a cozy place, with a 27-foot copper-topped tasting bar along the one wall and racks of Finger Lakes and other New York wines along the back and far side wall, with wine gifts and accessories toward the front. Store manager Carman Massey, your charming hostess and confirmed Dead Head (Grateful Dead Fan to the uninitiated), pours the tastings and answers your questions with a smile. They have a tasting menu of about 5 or 6 wines that changes weekly and you can buy wine by the glass or bottle. The place just has a really friendly and warm feel to me. I always feel welcome there. They also have entertainment on the weekends featuring blues, bluegrass, and rock. Banjo Boris is one of my favorites and he even let me play his banjo on a break one time. They actually close for the winter, so I will have to wait for spring to visit again. And I can't wait! But you can still order wine from their website www.nystatewine.com (I tried to upload a picture of the store, but Blogger was not cooperating). So if you are in the area, be sure to stop in and maybe you'll see me playing my guitar. I keep threatening Carman that I am going to bring my guitar in.

No comments: