Friday, September 05, 2008

Finger Lakes News & Notes - Sept. 5, 2008

Greetings!!! I must apologize for my lack of recent postings, but my gig as a writer for Mountain Home magazine has been taking up most of my free time. I'm having a great time meeting and interviewing a lot of interesting people. I just finished 3 articles for the October issue, so things should settle down a bit and I will be able to post more here. By the way, the September issue of Mountain Home is out and available free at many many locations in the Finger Lakes including most of the Finger Lakes wineries. My September article is on Dustin Dowdle at Bully Hill Winery and how "Laughter is the Best Marketing" at Bully Hill. Also, If you have any interesting Finger Lakes area story ideas, please let me know. You can fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page or email me at the email listed in the title box at the top of the page.
And, as happens every year, I am way way behind in posting my winery tasting reports. I have made it to about 60 Finger Lakes wineries so far this year.

- Upcoming gigs for the Finger Lakes Weekend Winos Acoustic Duo include:
Sept. 20 at Torrey Ridge Winery and Sept. 27 at the Naples Grape Festival (I'll be at Artizanns)

- See a complete Finger Lakes Calendar of Events for September here

- Attention all Wine Makers: Fulkerson Winery has announced their wine juice schedule and pricing, order your juice as soon as possible, they run out of some grape types quickly.

- Check out the upcoming Fall Events on the Cayuga Wine Trail, the Seneca Wine Trail, and the Keuka Wine Trail. Be sure to order your tickets early for the Fall & Holiday events as they normally sell out very quickly.

- It seems that the Fall Foliage season in the Finger Lakes may be coming early this year. Mrs. Wino and I noticed some leaves changing already within the last few weeks. See Fall Foliage Reports here (they will start updating soon).

No comments: